Vision and Mission
Achieving economic development, strengthening planning and implementing Egypt’s investment plans, as well as providing high-quality government services that meet both citizen and investor satisfaction on the basis of transparency, integrity, efficiency, rule of law and accountability, so that sustainable economic development associated with social justice can be achieved, where Egypt can serve as an attractive destination for international, regional and national investments.
Egypt has the right to be proud of its vision for the future, and the steps by which it is implemented on the ground through accelerated construction processes to reach an advanced, stable and secured homeland, where the Egyptian citizen lives safe, conscious and informed.
In planning, Ministry of Planning and Economic Development aims to develop sustainable development plans and achieve consistency between the implementation of the strategic vision of the state and development plans in various areas. The Ministry is also developing a guide to educate citizens about the objectives and policies of the development plan, with the aim of highlighting priority areas. The Ministry also works on the development and implementation of (Egypt Vision 2030) in coordination with ministries, stakeholders and development partners, which helps to develop the statistical capabilities to measure the impact, performance and project completion rates to achieve the objectives of the vision.
Coordination of the plans of line and productive ministries at the national and regional levels, standardization of the concepts of national programs, formulation of public policies and plans and programs to promote and develop the performance of government services, development of an integrated framework for continuous field monitoring of the plan projects to identify the pros and cons that may face the implementation of projects and finding practical solutions to them. In addition, the Ministry develops general frameworks to achieve participatory development that integrates and accommodates the private sector and civil society organization in order to implement the state's public policies, programs and projects at the national and regional levels and provide government services to create new jobs by expanding the deployment of service providers.
Functions of the ministry
- Develop long, medium and short-term sustainable development plans and ensure consistency of the implementation of sectoral strategies and plans with the development strategy, the state budget law and the other budget implementation laws.
- Implement and monitor the implementation of the provisions of the state general plan preparation Law.
- Prepare the development plan's general guide, including central, sectoral and geographical objectives and policies, development program selection criteria, project priorities and key performance indicators.
- Study the administrative entities proposals for the preparation of the annual investment plan, evaluate the proposed investment projects for each entity and determine the allocation of their investment plan, while achieving consistency and integration between the central, regional and local plans.
- Participate in the development of program and performance plans and take the necessary actions to implement them and activate their performance.
- Work to diversify financing sources for development plans and programs and motivate partnership mechanisms with the private sector, civil society and development partners to enhance funding for development, without violating the functions of the Ministry of International Cooperation and in coordination with ministries and stakeholders.
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of the National Sustainable Development Strategy (Egypt Vision 2030) in coordination with ministries and stakeholders, in addition to monitoring the implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Strategy (2030 Agenda) and ensuring compliance with the 2063 Agenda.
- Develop periodic reports to assess indicators for the implementation of the sustainable development goals.
- Set the overall objectives of economic development and propose economic policies to achieve them and participate in the formulation of sectoral and geographical development strategies at the national level in partnership with ministries and stakeholders.
- Develop and improve the GDP structure and increase the competitiveness and productivity of the economy by proposing and pursuing macro-sectoral reforms in cooperation with ministries and stakeholders.
- Propose the necessary draft laws and decrees to achieve the objectives of the state’s economic development and express opinion on them.