Integrated System for Investment Plan Preparation and Monitoring (ISIPPM)
Based on the strong belief of Ministry of Planning and Economic Development in the importance of continuous development of the methods, tools and mechanisms of development plans and in line with the international commitments of Egypt in achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals as well as the requirements of developing and updating Egypt vision 2030, the development of the planning system is currently a top priority for the Ministry, including the development of the integrated system for investment plan preparation and monitoring , which is known as the integrated electronic system that connects the units of the government that prepare and monitor the national, sectoral and spatial plans, in light of sustainable development goals, to request investments and monitor their implementation and evaluate their development performance. The aim of this system is to:
- Link the UN-Sustainable Development Goals and Egypt Vision 2030 objectives to the GOE action program (2018-2022) and all development projects implemented by the Egyptian public entities.
- Enable all main and sub public entities to formulate their development plans and submit proposals for the plans through electronic forms to request funding that are appropriate to the nature of the different public entities. The forms have been simplified and streamlined to be filled out in a way that helps these entities to present their projects in an integrated form.
- Establish the main building block for the information structure of the proposed projects for all public entities, with the aim to serve the UN Sustainable Development Goals, Egypt Vision 2030 objectives and performance indicators, as well as the government action program (2018-2022) to facilitate the monitoring process.
- Provide a great deal of transparency in the selection process of projects included in the state's sustainable development plan by standardizing project judgement and trade-offs. The available database also enables the preparation and development of economic plans for the seven regions of Egypt and allows citizens to learn about all projects being carried out within their region, governorate, or even city, district/ section or village/Shiakha where they live.
- Plan Preparation and Proposal: the aim of this component is to enable public entities to submit investment plan proposals, whether they are objectives, targets and programs (for the main public entities) or investment programs and projects (for sub-public entities).
- Transfers and Reallocation: the aim of this component is to enable each sub-public entity to request the inclusion or re-inclusion of an emergency project during the fiscal year, or to request additional funding to finance an existing investment project (item transfers), or to request reallocation of the items on existing projects, or among the projects, or among investment projects at various sub-public entities subject to the same powers of the competent minister, in addition to the possibility of freezing one or more of the existing project items. The component also aims to enable sub-public entities to request the use or approve an item of the project, which requires the approval of the Ministry of Planning and Economic Development in accordance with the general provisions of the state budget.
- Project Monitoring: aims to monitor and evaluate existing projects implemented by the public entities, whether in-kind monitoring (monitoring actual implementation of the project on the ground), or financial monitoring (monitoring of financial spending from the funds allocated to this project).