What is “ Nawart Baladak “ initiative?
In light with the instructions of His Excellency Abdel Fattah El Sisi, President of the Arab Republic of Egypt; to support and absorb the need of the Egyptian workers returning from abroad due to the implications of Covid-19 pandemic; and the integration of this employment into the national economy in the various governorates; to contain the repercussions of the global corona virus crisis on labour markets.
Nawart Baladak initiative is launched by the Ministry of Planning and Economic Development and the Ministry of Immigration and Egyptian Expatriates Affairs.
Within this framework, a related application is launched and published electronically, aiming at formulating an accurate database of key information about returnees from abroad affected by the Corona pandemic, this includes the professions they possess, experience and the skills’ set. This directly contributes to the provision of training programs adapted to their respective skills as well as competencies, necessary to enhance these qualifications, thereby helping to create suitable employment opportunities for them and take advantage of their skills in a range of programs that help to achieve comprehensive development within the framework of the State's Human Investment Plan.
Within the framework of the initiative, a cooperation protocol was signed between the Ministry of Planning and Economic Development, the Ministry of Immigration and Egyptians Expatriates Affairs and the Ministry of Trade and Industry represented by Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Agency (MSMEDA), with the aim of training and creating suitable employment opportunities for returnees from abroad affected by the Corona pandemic and hence their integration into the Egyptian labor market.
What are the main objectives of “ Nawart Baladak” initiative?
• Updated and comprehensive database of workers returning from abroad affected by the Corona pandemic.
• Reintegration of Egyptian workers returning from abroad into development plans, in accordance with their occupations and skills.
• Providing employment opportunities for these workers in labor-intensive infrastructure projects implemented.
• Providing financial support and non-financial services to the said workers affected by the Corona pandemic to start new activities in the fields of medium, small and micro enterprises.
• Provision of training programs for the said workers in order to enhance their skills in line with the needs of the Egyptian labour market.
For more details, please visit the Initiative’s link: https://nawartbaladk.gov.eg